Friday, December 6, 2019

Year End Training Stats


I officially ended my 2019 season on November 7th when I had surgery to correct some life long sinus problems.  My last race was the Kinetic Multisports - Savageman Challenge back in September.  I kept my typical training routine going all the way up to my surgery date so I entered my recovery in the best possible shape.    I coordinated the scheduling of my surgery with my typical winter layoff which is soon coming to an end.  Below are my stats from TrainingPeaks for the year up to my time off.  I follow a structured training plan created by TriDot Triathlon Training and my coach Sierra Snyder.  It is a great program and they are in their Preseason Project right now.  You can get up to two months of free preseason workouts that are challenging and guaranteed to increase your thresholds in all your disciplines.  Some folks might be a bit surprised at the volumes you see below, maybe you think they are fairly low.  That is the value of Tridot, they claim 30% less time than traditional plans because the training is optimized to you using artificial intelligence, genetic factors, and the analysis of millions of data files from triathletes from all over the world.  I have been using it for three years and every year I have steadily gained and continue to set PR’s every year!  To sum yp TriDot's approach to a season's training plan we say, "strong before long, fast before far."  To see my race resume for this year and years past, go to this link.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it and be sure it is a positive contribution to the ideas or conversation. Bullying, foul, abusive, or inappropriate content will not be accepted. I will do my best to allow for a productive discussion in the comments to my thoughts. This blog is just that, my thoughts as I journey through the path God has me on. We are human, we make mistakes, and I strive to learn from all of them. Your comments are embraced as a part of that discipline. For that I am thankful for you to take the time to share your thoughts.