Sunday, December 1, 2019

2019 Savageman Challenge - Full Race Recap via Facebook

Reflecting back on the 2019 race season, I was blessed with some satisfying efforts including qualifying for the ITU Age Group World Championships in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada next summer.  But the ultimate highlight of the season was the Kinetic Multisport's Savageman Challenge in Deep Creek Lake, MD.  Not only was it a reunion with an old high school friend, but I made several new friends and had a blast racing for three days.

Below are the countdown and race recap Facebook posts that I used to commemorate the lead up and results of these races.  It was the first year the "Challenge" was offered including a swim-run prologue on Friday evening, an Olympic distance tri on Saturday, and a half distance tri on Sunday.  It also served to be a major confidence boost in beginning to plan for a full distance race in the coming years.  A full season of fitness went into this race and I am blown away with how it all came together!  




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it and be sure it is a positive contribution to the ideas or conversation. Bullying, foul, abusive, or inappropriate content will not be accepted. I will do my best to allow for a productive discussion in the comments to my thoughts. This blog is just that, my thoughts as I journey through the path God has me on. We are human, we make mistakes, and I strive to learn from all of them. Your comments are embraced as a part of that discipline. For that I am thankful for you to take the time to share your thoughts.