Sunday, December 1, 2019

Regular Strength Training... My Achilles Heal!

One of the biggest areas I can improve on being disciplined is getting my regular core, flexibility, and strength training in along with s-b-r.  Scheduling strength training is a challenge because I do not want to do it before my s-b-r workout and risk being fatigued.  It is so easy to simply ignore or not plan for enough time in the morning to complete the planned workout.

What is equally frustrating about not getting strength work done is I know how extremely important it is for high performance and preventing injury.  You would think that should be enough incentive to ensure I “get after it!”  Unfortunately, I seem to justify it in my mind that each s-b-r workout is actually more important. In a way it is, but what about days when I have easy rides or recovery planned?  Bottom line is there are no excuses.  If I hit my strength and conditioning as hard as my s-b-r, what kind of triathlete could I become?  How much longer would my longevity be in this sport?  Would I like to find out?  Yes!!

I need to work on mentally staying tough here and not backing out of it.  I need to talk to my coach about this and employ her to help me stay accountable for getting it done.  But, I should not rely on this solely.  I have found some unique ways like enticing my kids to do yoga with me or breaking it up throughout the day.  It is not quite the same if I just commit to getting it done with my workouts.

So, it is time to say “good,” I have a problem here that I need to attack, entrench myself, and commit to executing the plan to doing it without excuse!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it and be sure it is a positive contribution to the ideas or conversation. Bullying, foul, abusive, or inappropriate content will not be accepted. I will do my best to allow for a productive discussion in the comments to my thoughts. This blog is just that, my thoughts as I journey through the path God has me on. We are human, we make mistakes, and I strive to learn from all of them. Your comments are embraced as a part of that discipline. For that I am thankful for you to take the time to share your thoughts.