Sunday, December 1, 2019

Forced Recovery Challenges Discipline

I am in the final throes or recovering from sinus surgery that I have been avoiding for more than 20 years.  Not a very good example of discipline, huh?  Honestly, it took me witnessing my 11 year old son going through a tonsillectomy to decide that I needed to get this done (and maybe a boost of confidence too.)

The forced layoff though has been a challenging time to practice discipline.  I am not exercising as much therefore I need to tweak my diet.  Add in Halloween just before the surgery and Thanksgiving before being given the full green light for training, I have failed miserably to stay on track with a disciplined diet.  The consequences are not life threatening or anything, but I find myself making little excuses to justify eating more dessert.  This is NOT discipline.  

The choices are mine, there is no one else to blame.  Therefore, it is time to say “good” and embrace the lesson learned and get on with it!  Today, I choose to get back on track and make sensible diet decisions.  Time to prepare now, Christmas is only a couple weeks away!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it and be sure it is a positive contribution to the ideas or conversation. Bullying, foul, abusive, or inappropriate content will not be accepted. I will do my best to allow for a productive discussion in the comments to my thoughts. This blog is just that, my thoughts as I journey through the path God has me on. We are human, we make mistakes, and I strive to learn from all of them. Your comments are embraced as a part of that discipline. For that I am thankful for you to take the time to share your thoughts.